New York International BEER Competition –CALL TO ENTRY
We are very excited to invite you to submit your beers to participate in the 2nd Annual NEW YORK INTERNATIONAL BEER COMPETITION (“NYIBC”) taking place on Feb. 10, 2012 at the 3 West Club in Manhattan. This contest stands out from others because of its varying unique standards making it the quintessential competition for beers.
• All beers are judged by every brand’s TRUE key trade target – beer focused buyers, retail stores, restaurant & bar owners, distributors and importers. Unlike other competitions, these expert TRADE ONLY judges and their opinions make an immediate impact and have the ability to directly influence sales and a brand’s bottom line. These panelists of trade volunteers are not involved for publicity or for their industry position as critics or members of the press. They are the decision makers, experts and willing supporters of the craft who have an authentic understanding of the business of buying and selling beer.
• Each product category has a sub category for pricing. Therefore, a beer will be judged in its category along with other beers in the same price range. Each category will have its own pricing levels and details are listed on the submission form. For example, a $7.99 six-pack of American Style Wheat will be placed into a judging category with a $8.99 six-pack of American Style Wheat and not a $13.99 one
• Brands will be rated on a set of criteria including appearance, aroma, taste, mouthfeel and finish. Each beer will be tasted blindly. Upon completion of the tastings, panelists will confer and decide which samples are award worthy.
• Award levels are Double Gold, Gold, Silver, and Bronze.
- Double Gold: Phenomenal Product for Buyers
- Gold: Buyers “Love” It
- Silver: Buyers “Like” It
- Bronze: Buyers will purchase it
• Double Gold award winners will be re-tasted by all panelists to establish which brands may be eligible to receive a ‘Best of Category’ endorsement in their pricing category.
• While other recognized competitions prize up to 85% of entrants, the discerning panel and ethos of the NYIBC is to award the brands that are most deserving. This year around 40% of the spirits who submitted won a medal and only one Double Gold medal was awarded. The wine competition recently awarded medals to only 20% of the wines submitted.
BENEFITS AND VISIBILITY:
The NYIBC will offer brand exposure in the following ways:
• All winning brands will be listed on the NYIBC site with their image and link to their website.
• The results of the NYIBC will be promoted vigorously to trade and consumer media. There will be media onsite reporting on the competition.
• There is no charge for winning brands to use their winning award icons.
• The media sponsors will be listing all awarded brands and profiling the top winners.
• There will be formal press release disseminated on behalf of the NYIBC announcing the winners within two weeks of the competition.
• There will be a final tasting/media/consumer event for the winners’ approximately four weeks after the competition to showcase the best of contest. There is no additional charge for the medal winners to participate in this press/trade event and consumer.
PRICING & CHARITY DONATIONS:
Each entry starts at $75 online and $85 by fax/email/mail.
Applications can be submitted online at www.thedatastill.com or download the form at www.nyibeercompetition.com
Just as a special note: The Beer Community and all of us lost Ray Deter of d.b.a. of New York and New Orleans who was also one of our first judges in the New York International Spirits Competition. Ray gave us guidance in creating the judging criteria for inspire us this beer competition.
Ray was a pioneer in New York Craft Beer Movement for almost 20 years. Unfortunately, Ray left us too early and in his memory, the NYIBC is donating an amount from each brand’s submission fee for Ray’s children scholarship fund. We are a community that embraces and supports the craft and those behind it!
For more information about the competitions please visit: http://www.nyibeercompetition.com/
The deadline for receipt of entry is February 2nd 2013
v. 9173380163 x 1